30 Nov 2014
- I have 8 lovers on the go
Sex coach Lauren Brim tells me about her new book, The New Rules of Sex, a revolutionary 21st-century approach to sexuality, relationships and love. [more]
- Gay gene discovery has good and bad implications
The finding that male homosexuality has a strong genetic component should be a boon for gay rights -- but it could backfire
- Mommy, is this a laser gun?
When your kids discover your sex toys. A woman who posted an Instagram of her children playing with her vibrator responds to the online furor she provoked
- Ethical porn in the news
Bright Desire is happy about a lengthy article in the Guardian, that generally gives a positive overview of ethical, feminist porn and includes interviews with numerous porn colleagues
29 Nov 2014
- Masturbate before the Christmas party
Psychotherapist Lucy Beresford. argues that the holiday season is when you're most likely to let your guard down and give your vagina away as freely as some re-gifted toiletries
- The joy of no sex
A society of asexual people is trying to promote greater awareness of those who do not feel sexually attracted to others
- My girlfriend has slept with more people than me
A man feels uncomfortable in his relationship since finding out his girlfriend has previously slept with more people than him.
- Excuses partners give for not having sex
Excuses for not having sex are becoming far more inventive than the classic "I have a headache."
- Why the NSFW filter isn't good enough
New social media site Ello has stated that "nudity or sexually explicit content" wasn't going to be censored, it just need to be marked "NSFW" (not safe for work).
28 Nov 2014
- Has Kim Kardashian's sex tape broken the internet again?
Adult website, Pornhub, have just released figures showing a 629% surge in traffic to Kim Kardashian's sex tape.
- Is the We Vibe 4 Plus worth it?
Since We Vibe hit the market in 2008 they have won every sex toy award around. It has been the world's best selling vibrator taking over from Roger the Rabbit
- Top 10 Nude with Food
Mr Skin lists the 10 best movies featuring food and nude!
- Inside the mind of sexuality podcast host
nerve.com interviews Tina Horn's, feminist, kink-friendly, body- and sex-positive worker
- Sex, cinema and secrets
Raised by 70s bohemian parents, Erin Cressida Wilson drew on a young education in erotica for her first script, Secretary. Ahead of the release of tech-and-sex drama Men, Women and Children, she looks back at those first glimpses from the back row
27 Nov 2014
- Quirky sex questions answered
We all have niggling sex questions that we are too shy to ask about. Tracey Cox answers some of the most commonly asked relationship problems
- Dominatrix in bid to keep sex fetish club open
A dominatrix has asked a council for planning permission to allow her sex fetish club to remain open, promises it will be closed on Sundays and bank holidays
- Female sexual pleasure mattered to the Victorian
According the historian Fern Ridell, pleasure was quite important especially female sexual pleasure. A book published in 1860, contains a detailed passage on foreplay
- Atypical sexual preferences on Reddit
Many students have atypical sexual preferences that they find weird, cause them distress (i.e., shame, embarrassment, guilt, etc.), and/or they wouldn't disclose to their partners
- Things I learned about pleasing a woman from porn star Nina Hartley
I purchased a ticket for "Cunning Cunnilingus," an hour-and-a-half crash course on "how to please favorite vulvas with wit and wisdom!"
26 Nov 2014
- Institute of Sexology: reviews
Wellcome's 'eye-popping' new show reveals the fascinating and risky history of sex studies
- The weird places I have masturbated in public
As a younger man I had a wanking habit that would have blinded everyone with 20/20 vision. Here's a few places I whacked one out
- I'm a sex-positive Christian
I have an email folder filled with strangers who have taken it upon themselves to disown me from the faith.
- The grossest things Gawker commenters have done at work
From jerking off at work, to having brunch with dried semen in your hair
- 4 ways to tell a guy you've been faking
If you've been faking orgasms with your boyfriend or husband, you need to fess up. You have four options.
25 Nov 2014
- 15 problems only butch lesbians understand
When you look butch so people assume everything about you is butch. Just because I'm wearing a bowtie doesn't mean I own a circular saw
- My first vibrator
Twelve years ago, after I got divorced, a close friend gave me a vibrator and told me to go home and use it. I was almost 40 years old. And I had never seen one up close before.
- Hihokan: Japan's vanishing sex museums
Japan's sex museums are neither easy to access nor actively promoted by most locals. There is one last remaining "treasure palace" in the country
- How I left the purity movement
The church taught us it was a man's duty to lead us down a righteous path. But again and again, I strayed
- I joined an online dating site at 58
I'd done so many scary things in my life, but this might be the scariest: I signed up with Match.com
24 Nov 2014
- Swedes campaign for a new term for female masturbation
The Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU) launched a competition earlier this month looking for a specific word for female masturbation to promote "open, positive view of sex and relationship issues"
- Teledildonics, roleplay and dry humping promoted at conference
Teenage students, teacher and parents attending the Oregon Adolescent Sexuality Conference were handed pamphlets entitled "dry humping saves lives"
- My girlfriend is going to be a nude model
My girlfriend is considering doing nude modeling in an art school. I understand that it is only for art but I am still very hesitant
- Japan: Porn stars in new Baby Boomer genre
The stories center around women coming to men in the baby boomer generation to seek help with troubling issues, such as financial matters, in return for sexual favors
- Meet the Lena Dunham of porn
From Edward Penishands to Bi-Tanic, porn parodies are big business. We meet Alex Chance, who plays Lena Dunham's character Hannah in Girls porn parody This Ain't Girls XXX
22 Nov 2014
- A vibrator for bankers
Sex toy maker Lelo has launched Pino, a vibrator especially made for bankers
- Sex on TV is getting hotter and smarter
Just having sex on television is not so amazing anymore. So you have to have something interesting to say about it and something interesting to explore
- Orgy etiquette
A number of questions flooded my mind when I RSVPed "yes" to a twelve-person orgy
- Parents support sex ed at primary school
The overwhelming majority of British parents want important aspects of sex and relationships education (SRE) to be taught in primary schools
- Our Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2014
These sex bloggers have raised the bar for sex blogging - and the conversation about sex.
21 Nov 2014
- Secret Sex Lives: Supersized Sex
In the first episode of Secret Sex Lives: Supersized Sex, we follow the lives of four people, where size does matter and size is everything.
- The average person has 44 sexual fantasies
But that doesn't mean you should tell your other half about them [more]
- British attitudes to nudity
A recent poll has found strong support for the Naked Rambler, Stephen Gough, and the view that the courts are badly out of touch with society [more]
- Woman sues Chicago over right to bare breasts in public
A woman fined in Chicago promoting women's rights to bare their breasts in public, has filed a federal lawsuitclaiming the city's ordinance against the practice is unconstitutional.
- Naked in the vegetable garden
Meet Erika Lust, the woman who's turning your weirdest fantasies into porn
20 Nov 2014
- Everyone I've ever had sex with
A 60-year-old woman from Oregon, catalogs her sex life and partners
- Men do find high heels sexier
A new study in the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior proves that men really do find women in high heels significantly sexier. [more]
- The world's smallest naked sculpture?
The 10-month project started with taking scans of his muse as she stood naked in different poses [more]
- Joy of Sex illustrations go on display
The original drawings of one of the most famous beards and other associated hairy bits, the illustrations for the 1972 bestseller The Joy of Sex, are to be displayed for the first time
- Were the ancient Romans more kinky than you?
The new Institute of Sexology in London shows that humans have been fascinated by weird sex for thousands of years
19 Nov 2014
- Welcome to Sex Mountain
The remote Indonesian religious site where married men, housewives and politicians go to have sex with strangers... to bring themselves good fortune
- Mythical Proportions
Winner of 2011 Hump Festival (very NSFW language!) [Video]
- Artist obsessed with naked older women
Aleah Chapin's super-realistic painting of a nude older lady, was felt to be ?repellent... a grotesque medical record [more]
- My lack of self-seduction
It is no big secret that I currently sell sex toys for a living. You know my secret? I suck at masturbating
- Top 10 nude scenes from documentaries
One of the most often overlooked genres for nudity is the documentary, but that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of nudity in them
18 Nov 2014
- Into the orgasmatron!
The Institute of Sexology exhibition, which probes everything from Victorian masturbation manuals to priapic pottery [more]
- Porn stars who should have left the industry ages ago
From 80 year old Shigeo tokuda to 54 year old Desi Foxx
- Have scientists finally found the 'gay gene'?
Major new study of 800 brothers backs claims sexuality is in our genes
- How can I make my first time great?
I'm 27 and a virgin. I started seeing a nice guy about a month ago, but I'm afraid of being a dud in bed
- The Lelo Oral Sexy Survey Results
Lelo discovered that 96% of the respondents enjoy oral sex, with 72% considering themselves good at it
17 Nov 2014
- 7 rules for buying a quality sex toy
Start by saying no to the novelties, and avoid those made of jelly rubber
- What you need to know about underage sex
The Family Education Trust caused a media storm when it told a committee that sex between 13-year-olds is normal. Why? A third of the population have had sex before the age of 16
- Women with male friends have more sex
A new study has found that women with a lot of men in their life, like friends or co-workers, have more sex with their boyfriends
- Right, I take nudes photos for your attention
I can't speak for anyone else, but here's what you do to me when you say that I take nude, sexualized photos for attention
- Animal Passions
One of the most extraordinary documentaries I have ever seen. I watched it with mouth agape as half a dozen Americans spoke of their love for animals and their intimate relationships with them
16 Nov 2014
- Eva, the sex toy for couples
Two New Yorkers have come up with a sex toy designed specifically for couples, but should blokes be relying on technology for their partner's sexual gratification?
- Celebrities ages, when they lost their virginity
Find out who lost theirs at 12 and who at 27?
- Toplessness, the one Victorian taboo?
Current taboos against female toplessness date from the 19th Century. Is it ever likely to change?
- Wikipedia's greatest sex illustrator
The pseudonymous illustrator, working as a volunteer, has contributed 48 of drawings of various sex acts to 35 English-language articles on the free encyclopedia
15 Nov 2014
- Research shatters belief that female sexual peak happens at 35
According to a recent survey conducted by Atlanta-based sex toy manufacturer LoveHoney, women reach their sexual peak at age 26, while men peak later at 32.
- My Fiancé is a porn star
Kayden Kross was one of the biggest names in the porn industry. But she left it all behind last year when her fellow porn star Manuel Ferrara, who is now her fiance, asked her to stop performing with other men.
- Viagra for women: Medical miracle or snake oil?
For some, the fact that there isn't a drug as effective and successful as Viagra for treating female sexual disfunction is proof positive that we live in a sexist world. For others, it's a sign that drug companies are misusing studies about female sexuality to make money.
- My night with James Deen, libertarian porn star
James Deen offers me an unsolicited answer to a question I never asked: "You're pretty and nice, he says, "but I wouldn't have sex with you."
- Pillows didn't stpo me masturbating
I just inherently knew that something that felt so good must somehow be disgraceful.
14 Nov 2014
- Japanese school organises Sex Change Day
Sex Change Day, involved students volunteering to spend the day wearing the uniform traditionally considered to be for the opposite gender
- Exercise can give you an orgasm
Findings from a first-of-its-kind study researchers confirm anecdotal evidence that exercise can lead to female orgasm [more]
- 15 masturbation myths we still believe
There are two things we know for sure about masturbation: almost everyone's doing it, and absolutely no one wants to talk about it.
- The Christian Right should read these Bible passages
Should we take your guidance from the Bible? Solomon maintained 300 concubines, slaves should submit to their masters, and if your brother dies, you have to marry his wife
- Companies trying to sex up just about everything
Nothing says "the holiday season" like brands desperate for attention at any cost! And you know what that means: girls with boobs
13 Nov 2014
- The Bad Sex prize shortlist announced
Nominations have been announced for the 22nd Bad Sex in Fiction Award, including this year's Man Booker Prize winner [more]
- Kardashian goes full frontal
After created a media frenzy by flahing her derrier, Kim Kardashian has appeared nude and front on in papermag. [more]
- The "Gay Voice"
David Thorpe sounds gay, so he decided to make a documentary about it. He talked to voice coaches and linguists about how and why some people "sound gay".
- When casual sex is good for you
New research suggests that not all casual sex is bad. For those legitimately interested, it can boost life satisfaction and self-esteem and lessen anxiety.
- The Periodic table of kink
All shades of kink, organised by type and search popularity
12 Nov 2014
- This is a female masturbation bar
Love Joule, in Tokyo's Shibuya district, is a love and sex bar dedicated to women, where clients and their boyfriends can come and browse sex toys
- I lent my vagina to science
Seated in a comfy leather chair in a living room-esque lab in Indiana University's Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction, I try to follow the computer prompts
- 5 reasons sex is better at 50 than 25
One of the many advantages of getting older is that we know what we like and don't like. We're not only older but a lot wiser.
- Sex museums: A global guide
The Reverend Ted McIlvenna, with 28 warehouses storing more than three million pieces of erotica, may own the world's largest collection
- The healing and rejuvenation magic in sexual arousal
Science is mostly funded by the pharmaceutical industry which is very interested in "finding cures" through medication. Hence most research in sexuality is funded around pain, not the benefits of pleasure.
11 Nov 2014
- The thing about eroticism is that it forces a response
The controversial pop artist Allen Jones is 77 now, but his peerlessly kinky fetish women still shock.
- What it's like to have a micropenis
I spoke with, a 51-year-old English teacher from the U.K., who gave an in-depth account of his life with a micropenis, which is 2-in soft, 3-in hard.
- Why Americans need sex toys
Can sex toys solve all the world's problems? Maybe not, but they can't hurt either!
According to the women in these videos, the pecking order is lesbians > bisexuals > college girls who are experimenting
- Seven things I learnt from dating a foot fetishist
Sometimes I think sex is boring. That was, until I met a guy who liked feet. I'm here to enlighten you. Foot fetishism, or podophilia as it's officially termed, can be hot.
10 Nov 2014
- Victorians didn't invent the vibrator
The idea that orgasms were administered to women by doctors is pure fantasy
- What women look for in porn
As a student of human weirdness, I've long been kind of fascinated by what people search for on porn sites.
- Why snakes get two penises
In snakes and reptiles, the genitals grow to mimic leg buds, producing twin organs. In humans, the genitals grow to mimic a tail bud, so the penis ends up as a single structure. [more]
- Testes: the most distinct human tissue
The testes have been identified as the most distinct type of human tissue by the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden
- Yes, it's drone porn
Two New York filmmakers have made Drone Boning, which to our knowledge is the first-ever skin flick to be shot entirely by aerial drones.
9 Nov 2014
- Porn stars let fans pay for sex
Porn is legal, prostitution is not. So porn stars are letting fans pay for the chance to have sex with them on camera.
- Giant pink condom in Sydney draws controversy
A giant pink condom set up in Sydney to raise awareness about safe sex has drawn criticism from some corners.
- MoD: Don't have sex with beautiful women
Top British military officials have been warned not to have sex with attractive women in Russia or China in case they are spies
- Sexually exploring ourselves as children is anything but shameful
Lena Dunham has come under fire for revealing how she first discovered sexual feelings as a child. Instead of shaming her, we should be applauding her honesty
8 Nov 2014
- Virgin birth discovered in snake
A twenty-foot two-hundred pound female reticulated python, the world's largest snake, has giving birth to six offspring with no help from a male.
- Top 9 places for sex injuries!
Each year a third of adults sustain injuries during sex. Here are the places at most risk of injuring you if you don't treat them with respect!
- Mum rates the sexual performance of her 140 lovers
The 53-year-old Sex-obsessed motehr has kept a kinky diary of her 140 lovers and rates their performance on emotional state, sex and kissing, looks, solvency and duration.
- Porn: Why women want what men have
Prof Gail Dines travels the world giving anti-pornography speeches and has attracted an almost cult-like following during her 20 years lecturing on the topic
- The rise and rise of sexology
Christopher Turner puts on his plastic gloves to examine treasures from the Institute of Sexology, and finds that the pioneers of the study of sex were not just campaigners but political activists and collectors, too [more]
7 Nov 2014
- Why men prefer older women in bed
The younger man who has a sexual encounter with an older woman will remember it as some of the best sex of his life
- Tory MP seeks tax on sexy films
From The Guardian archive, 6 November 1976: If people must really see X or AA films then I think they should not object to paying a little extra for the privilege -- Richard Body MP
- Couples reveal the impact of mismatched libidos
What happens when your partner wants more sex than you? Three couples explain
- The Berlin Porn Film Festival 2014
Ms Naughty comes back from her fourth Berlin Porn Film Festival and once again is invigorated, inspired and generally thrilled that she went.
- I'm Gay and in love with a girl
As a gay man, genetic emphasis on gay, my devotion to the opposite sex has occasionally verged on the extreme.
6 Nov 2014
- Lady Chatterley's Lover cleared in obscenity trial
From The Guardian archive on 5 November 1960: So we, and our wives and servants, too are going to be allowed to read "Lady Chatterley's Lover".
- How porn can help your film
There are six key areas where filmmakers can learn loads from the porn industry
- A guide to consensual BDSM sex
The accusations of abuse against Jian Ghomeshi, and the reaction to them, show how misinformed we are about kink
- Armpit fetish
Armpit fetishism: It's real, yet not really talked about. Is it really so different from all the other freaky stuff out there?
- The positives to dating a female virgin
Sexual attraction plays a major part in dating. But how can you have a relationship with someone who isn't having sex?
5 Nov 2014
- Fifty Shades Of Grey movie has no male nudity
The Fifty Shades of Grey movie will allegedly feature no male nudity and potentially less-then-expected amounts of explicit sex. That might not be a recipe for box office success.
- Sex 'normal at 13' suggestion raises concerns
Schools in England are being offered guidance that suggests having consensual sex with a peer at age 13 is normal behaviour, it has been claimed
- How to teach teenaged girls about masturbation
Being a girl, I wished someone had taught me more about my own body
- Sex, candy, and androgyny
Tim Curry makes me feel really weird feelings, as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- British Naturism press release on the Naked Rambler
We believe that Mr Gough should have taken a more subtle and less confrontational approach to the problem of gymnophobia but that does not alter the validity of his message.
4 Nov 2014
- Bad Dragon sex toys
Looking for that perfect gift for the Dungeon and Dragons-playing furrie zoophile in your family?
- Nine women are going to change the world
Nine women will hold their own bodysex workshops using the "Betty Dodson method" to help women overcome negative body image and pleasure anxiety
- Consent is way more complicated for women
The new California 'Yes Means Yes' law is certainly progress, but it's not the complete answer.
- The 10 best places to have sex
Just as there are certain sex acts that shouldn't be missed, there are places you should have been naked in.
- What I've learned working in a gay fetish shop
First, lesbians are the nicest customers. Without exception. Second, the last people you'd imagine buying a particular item will, without question, always be the first ones to buy that item
3 Nov 2014
- Which forms of unusual sex are mainstream?
What exactly are abnormal or atypical fantasies? To find out, we asked people in the general population
- What happened at my first porn shoot
It was refreshing to experience the kind of frank, pleasure-focused sex that we rarely see in the media.
- What would Lenin have made of the Naked Rambler?
An individual's right to strip or swear can become a licence for bare-faced cheek. Maybe comrade Lenin was right
- Let's not import Canada's sex work bill
Canada's new proposals criminalize johns, while decriminalizing those engaged in prostitution.
- A hands-free vibrator? Yes please!
Eva is a hands-free, strap-free vibrator, is worn only externally and focuses solely on the clit.
2 Nov 2014
- Study suggests frequent sex wards off prostate cancer
According to a University of Montreal study, having sex with more than 20 women can reduce your risks of prostate cancer by 28 percent.
- The fruitful sex lives of the original Siamese twins
While the concept of conjoined twins is intriguing for many reasons, few aspects spur as much curiosity as how two such people live romantic, sexual lives.
- Is there such a thing as ethical porn?
The actors say they're happy, the makers say it's guilt-free, but what exactly is "fair trade" porn? We find out
- (Sex)abled: Disability Uncensored
This 14 minute short documentary features a panel hosted by the Disabled Student Union at University of California Berkeley called "Are Cripples Screwed".
1 Nov 2014
- Actress bares all about onstage nudity
I've been a stage actor for 10 years, but this summer was the first time I've ever really considered taking a role with two explicit sex scenes and nudity
- Threesomes: normal fantasy, golden showers not so much
Fantasizing about sex with two women is common but fantasizing about being urinated on - called a golden shower - is not. [more]
- Stupid questions bisexuals are asked
We're a curious bunch, us bisexuals. Or at least you'd think so from the amount of sex questions and answer sessions we have to sit through on a nearly daily basis
- Is sex work empowering or enslaving?
12 people were asked this question, including a clinical sexologist, a community advocate for workers' rights, an attorney in the commercial sex trade, and both current and former sex workers
- The FDA wants to hear more about women and sex
Yesterday October 28, the FDA concluded a 2-day public meeting and scientific workshop on Female Sexual Dysfunction, and what (if anything) to do about it.